Real-time collaborative lab notebook
It's been a long time since the last update, because we've been working on something big this cycle — real-time collaborative editing you are all used to from Google Docs!
You can now work on your projects and experiments with your teammates simultaneously, and from multiple devices — with the confidence that you won't overwrite each other's changes, and that your data will synchronize even on intermittent connections.
A feature many of your have been waiting for is finally here. You can now create custom experimental templates, shared across the whole workspace. These can include any text or advanced blocks, including all integrations, to get you started even faster on each new experiment.
Special character block
You can now type /Special character to easily insert your favourite Greek letters and other symbols. Best of all, we'll remember your most used characters, making it a cinch to reuse them in the future.
We've added embed support for a whole range of popular tools, from white boards and flow charts, to databases and printed circuit board designs:
- Miro and Whimsical whiteboard embed
- Gliffy chart embed
- SlideShare and Prezi presentation embed
- Flux.ai PCB design embed
- Airtable database embed
- YouTube, Vimeo and Wistia video embed
- Loom recording embed
You can now enforce the following settings across your workspace:
- Two-factor authentication (2FA/MFA)
- Password expiration
We've implemented numerous security, privacy and QA process improvements in preparation for our SOC 2 Type 2 audit starting this month.Among many others, this includes:
- All cloud resources are now behind a VPC
- Strict SLAs for bug and vulnerability fixes
- Strict access controls to all cloud resources and customer data
- Security assessment of all our third-party service providers
- A responsible disclosure policy
Based on the feedback we've gotten from you, we made the decision to discontinue our Android and iOS apps, with the view of reintroducing them at the end of this year.This was not an easy decision, but one that will allow us to iterate on the core web product much faster over the coming months.You can still access Colabra on your smartphone or tablet by accessing the web app through your mobile browser. This version includes all the functionality you enjoyed in our native apps except document scanning.
Fixes and improvements
- You can now log out from all our devices from Settings
- Slash command box now has a fixed size with scrolling
- Activity log inside experiments no longer repeats the name of the experiment on every line
- Numbers are now baseline-aligned, sized proportionally with the text
- We've added a menu for resending and revoking invitations
- Timezone, date format and notification settings
- Numerous bug fixes and performance upgrades
Get your whole lab on the same page today.Get Started